Long Span/Golden Gate Bridge Patent, Art & Copy, Strauss, 1923, 16x20
INVENTOR: Joseph Strauss
Strauss was an ambitious but dreamy engineer who answered the question fielded to bridge engineers of whether a bridge could be built across the San Francisco bay for less than $100 million. Strauss's initial drawings were for a massive cantilever on each side of the strait, connected by a central suspension segment, which Strauss promised could be built for $17 million. When the Golden Gate Bridge project started in 1933, Strauss oversaw day-to-day construction and made some groundbreaking contributions. He innovated the use of movable safety netting beneath the construction site, which saved the lives of many otherwise-unprotected steelworkers.
Reproduction of the original patent artwork and application submitted to the US Patent Office.
Art is printed on premium, heavy-weight art paper for an aged and authentic look
Framed art is double-matted and presented in a high-quality wooden & glass frame
All components are proudly made in the USA!
Also available Personalized - enter the Print # in the search box above to find the listing for this item that is customizable with copy you provide.
Flat-Rate Shipping regardless of quantity purchased.
Prints typically ship same day and framed art ships by the next business day.
Size and Specs16x20 Print Only
Sized for standard 16x20 frame
Art printed on premium, acid-free heavyweight art paper
Delivered rolled in protective mailing tube
16x20 Matted & Framed
Quality wood frame with real glass
Overall frame size is 18-1/4" x 22-1/4"
Product weight is 5 lbs
Mat is 2-1/2" in width around art
Double-matted: charcoal (top) and black (bottom)
Frame is sealed and includes hanging hardware
- Great gift for the construction professional, builder, or civil engineer.
- Expertly mounted and framed in black & white to present strong, visually-appealing artwork
- Our technical art makes a great office wall hanging for professionals, supervisors, office managers, and workers
- Art makes a great gift for the hobbyist, inventor, or professional - for the home or office
- Interesting artwork creates a conversation piece -- visitors & guests will ask about it!
- All products available in wholesale quantities & individually labelled and barcoded
- PatentsAsArt 201604