Band-Aid Bandage Patent, Art & Copy, Dickson, 1926, 16x20
INVENTOR: Earle Dickson
Earle Dickson was employed as a cotton buyer for Johnson & Johnson when he invented the band-aid in 1921. His wife Josephine Dickson was always cutting her fingers in the kitchen while preparing food.
At that time a bandage consisted of separate gauze and adhesive tape that you would cut to size and apply yourself. Earle Dickson noticed that gauze and adhesive tape she used would soon fall off her active fingers. He decided to invent something that would stay in place and protect small wounds better. His boss, James Johnson, saw Earle Dickson's invention and decided to manufacture band-aids for the public. Sales of Band-Aids were slow until Johnson & Johnson decided to give Boy Scout troops free Band-Aids as a publicity stunt.
Reproduction of the original patent artwork and application submitted to the US Patent Office.
Art is printed on premium, heavy-weight art paper for an aged and authentic look
Framed art is double-matted and presented in a high-quality wooden & glass frame
All components are proudly made in the USA!
Also available Personalized - enter the Print # in the search box above to find the listing for this item that is customizable with copy you provide.
Flat-Rate Shipping regardless of quantity purchased.
Prints typically ship same day and framed art ships by the next business day.
Size and Specs16x20 Print Only
Sized for standard 16x20 frame
Art printed on premium, acid-free heavyweight art paper
Delivered rolled in protective mailing tube
16x20 Matted & Framed
Quality wood frame with real glass
Overall frame size is 18-1/4" x 22-1/4"
Product weight is 5 lbs
Mat is 2-1/2" in width around art
Double-matted: charcoal (top) and black (bottom)
Frame is sealed and includes hanging hardware
- Great gift for the doctor, nurse, physician's assistant, or hospital administrator.
- Expertly mounted and framed in black & white to present strong, visually-appealing artwork
- Our technical art makes a great office wall hanging for professionals, supervisors, office managers, and workers
- Art makes a great gift for the hobbyist, inventor, or professional - for the home or office
- Interesting artwork creates a conversation piece -- visitors & guests will ask about it!
- All products available in wholesale quantities & individually labelled and barcoded
- PatentsAsArt 201604