Scuba Equipment & Scuba Fins Patents, 16x20
INVENTOR: Jacques-Yves Cousteau
YEAR: 1949 & 1959
Emile Gagnan and Cousteau invented the modern demand regulator and an improved autonomous diving suit. Their demand regulator would automatically provide fresh air when a diver breathed. Called the Aqua-Lung, they began selling their device in 1943. The original Aqua-Lung was an "open-circuit" design, so called because gas flows from the cylinder, to the diver, out into the water. Other scuba gear, invented earlier are termed "closed circuit," as gas flows from the cylinder, to the diver, through a scrubber (which removes carbon dioxide), back to a secondary bag, and back to the diver again, in a relatively closed loop. This type design is commonly called a rebreather, and its old pure-oxygen form is regarded as archaic and risky when used underwater. Cousteau's design eventually became the standard for all Scuba equipment.
Reproduction of the original patent artwork and application submitted to the US Patent Office.
Art is printed on premium, heavy-weight art paper for an aged and authentic look
Framed art is double-matted and presented in a high-quality wooden & glass frame
All components are proudly made in the USA!
Also available Personalized - enter the Print # in the search box above to find the listing for this item that is customizable with copy you provide.
Flat-Rate Shipping regardless of quantity purchased.
Prints typically ship same day and framed art ships by the next business day.
Size and Specs16x20 Print Only
Sized for standard 16x20 frame
Art printed on premium, acid-free heavyweight art paper
Delivered rolled in protective mailing tube
16x20 Matted & Framed
Quality wood frame with real glass
Overall frame size is 18-1/4" x 22-1/4"
Product weight is 5 lbs
Mat is 2-1/2" in width around art
Double-matted: charcoal (top) and black (bottom)
Frame is sealed and includes hanging hardware
- Great gift for the scuba diver, oceanographer, or water sports enthusiast.
- Expertly mounted and framed in black & white to present strong, visually-appealing artwork
- Our technical art makes a great office wall hanging for professionals, supervisors, office managers, and workers
- Art makes a great gift for the hobbyist, inventor, or professional - for the home or office
- Interesting artwork creates a conversation piece -- visitors & guests will ask about it!
- All products available in wholesale quantities & individually labelled and barcoded
- PatentsAsArt 201604